AditLink (made available by
DMAP is mapping software designed specifically for producing Distribution Maps and Coincidence Maps, which are displayed in colour on-screen, with multiple zoom capability. The maps can be printed at high resolution in colour or black and white, or they can be exported as high-resolution images to other software for incorporating high-quality maps in reports or publications.
- AditLink is a generic DMAP export utility with additional support for Google Earth and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- AditLink currently supports AditSite, Recorder 2000, Recorder 2002, Recorder 6, Levana (export file) and MapMate (export file) as source databases
- AditLink takes co-ordinate data for species records from the source database and generates composite multi-species plot files for
- Add flexible user-assignment of symbols based on Year Ranges, Abundance, Sample Method and Stage
- AditLink generates appropriate symbol keys which are displayed with the maps
- DMAP can now be used for run-time selection of species, coincidence mapping or sequential distribution map viewing or printing
AditLink replaces R2000DW, R2002DW and 'SmartMap'.
AditLink benefits from development on these earlier products by Mike Thurner; testing by Alan Morton, Steve Cham and Mike Thurner; with suggestions for enhancements from Alan Morton.
to download aditlink.zip (12 MB)
After downloading the zip file, open it for installation instructions and the
AditLink - DMAP Sample Output (Calopteryx splendens):
AditLink - Google Earth Sample Output (HLF Project at Natural History
AditLink - Virtual Earth Sample Output (HLF Project at Natural History
Other software available from AditSite
Click here to
visit the AditSite facebook page which gives information about other
software available from AditSite, including Biological Recording Apps for iOS
and Android devices.