DMAP for Windows is mapping software designed specifically for producing Distribution Maps and Coincidence Maps which are displayed in colour on-screen, with multiple zoom capability. The maps can be printed at high resolution in colour or black and white, or they can be exported as high-resolution images to other software for incorporating high-quality maps in reports or publications.
Base maps for specific areas can be supplied with DMAP, on request, or can be downloaded from the Internet, or they can be newly-digitized using the DMAP Digitizer software, or in the latest version of DMAP they can be produced by a scanner.
Data entry for DMAP is very flexible and can be done in a wordprocessor, a spreadsheet, a database, or a biological recording software package. The distribution data can consist of Grid References, a variety of other metric co-ordinates, UK PostCodes, or Latitude+Longitude.
DMAP is used by numerous individuals and organizations in over 40 countries, world-wide. A selection of comments from a few of these users can be seen on the What the users say... page.
- Can be used for any scale of mapping.
- Offers a wide range of symbol types for displaying distributions.
- A Key to symbol types can be generated.
- Comes with maps for the British Isles, north-west Europe, Australia, USA, and the World (low resolution).
- Additional maps available, including lat/long maps for most parts of the World.
- Base maps can be digitized images or scanned images.
- Latitude+Longitude co-ordinates supported.
- British, Irish, and UTM Grid References supported, as well as other metric co-ordinates.
- UK PostCodes supported.
- User-supplied text can be displayed on maps.
- Multiple zoom facility.
- Distributions can be displayed at a variety of grid scales.
- High resolution vector-drawn maps produced on high resolution
screens and printers.
- Full colour supported on both screen and printer.
- Maps can be exported as EMF, WMF, EPS, BMP and GIF files, or via the
- Simple database program supplied with DMAP.
- Excel Workbook supplied with built-in link to DMAP.
- Can accept distribution data as comma-delimited text (CSV) files from databases and spreadsheets.
Any PC running any version of Windows or Apple Macintosh PC with Windows emulation or any PC running Linux with Crossover Office.
If you would like to see some further, more detailed, information about DMAP, please explore the rest of this Web site, including the topics:
- Example Maps which illustrate a selection of map styles produced by DMAP.
- The Additional Maps topic for information about obtaining maps for your particular study area.
- The Data Entry topic for information about ways of entering and storing your distribution data for DMAP, including downloadable Excel Workbooks with a built-in interface to DMAP.
- The Biological Recording Databases topic for information about Biological Recording software packages that have built-in interfaces to DMAP.
- The Orders and payments page for information about obtaining the DMAP software.
Cost and ordering information:
- Click here for information about the current cost of DMAP and how to order DMAP.
If you have further queries before making an order Contact Alan Morton